English Lesson for November 23, 2022
Hello my lovely English students. In case you did not get attend our zoom class this week, here are our new vocabulary words for the week, as well as you Bible verse to study this week.
Your assignment is to write a sentence, in English, for each word.
You will need to read me the Bible verse next week both in English and your language as well. I love to hear the different languages reading God’s Word.
See you next week in class. Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for you all!!!
- acorn – looks like a nut, grows on a tree – eaten by squirrels
- America – United States of America – Thanksgiving is celebrated for the discovery of America
- apple pie – baked dessert, pastry and apple with spices
- arrowhead – carved rock used by Indians as a weapon
- bake – a form of cooking – in an oven
- baste – to add sauce, usually to meat
- beans – a type of vegetable
- bread – flour and other ingredients mixed and baked
- canoe – a type of boat
- carve – to cut, carve the turkey
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, And into his courts with praise: Give thanks unto him, and bless his name.